Five reasons why I don't mind if Trumpkin gets elected:
1. His posture reminds me of a bear. That's good, right?
2. I grew up with people telling me lies that I was supposed to believe. Just like home!
3. I grew up with people threatening me with violence if I did the right thing. Ah, nostalgia...
4. Similarly, ad hominem arguments are reassuringly familiar.
5. I have always enjoyed Canada.
6. He reminds me viscerally of an abusive ex. It's *good* for me to deal with my PTSD on this.
Essentially, my husband and I are keeping as still as possible until Election Day. To change the taste in our minds after this debate, we watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari auf Deutsch. Nothing like a German Expressionist silent movie about a psychopathic director of an old-school insane asylum to lighten the mood.
Above, a friendly French poubelle on a Sunday morning after a solid night's entertaining in the quartier. Note how the bottles are helpfully stood up, rather than flung around to show how some people are too special to follow rules.