Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Facebook: Be sarcastic to me




For reasons quite unclear to me, a lot of young Indian facebook users have started liking my page for my book, The Book of Knots and their Untying. As far as I can tell, they are not (necessarily) purchasing copies from Amazon, and they are certainly not messaging me. I think it must be some kind of in-joke, the kind that is so dumb that it's funny. I used to do that sort of thing. When I was in college, I often attended the Saturday night movies in the chapel. The film board chose excellent movies:  La Dolce Vita, Casablanca, Repulsion, Metropolis. What my friends and I used to do was sit through the credits, and when "Grip" came up on the screen, holler enthusiastically and yell out the name of whoever the grip had been. It was stupid and pointless and harmless. Welcome, fans from India. I am proud to be part of your silly private cult.


1 comment: